Terms & Conditions for The Burrow @ Burrow Wood Farm
Terms and Conditions
Weekly bookings run from Friday to Friday (7 nights). Short breaks in low season are Friday to Monday (3 nights), or Monday to Friday (4 nights). No dogs or other animals are allowed. The Burrow is available from 4pm on the arrival date, and departure is by 10am on the departure date.
1. a) The letting contract is made between the visitor and the owner of the property. In these conditions the visitor is referred to as “you” or “your” and the owner of the property is referred to as “we” or “us”.
b) We make every effort to ensure that descriptions and details of the property in the brochure, or on the website, are correct, but we can accept no liability for any minor inaccuracy in these.
c) The use of the accommodation, grounds and facilities at The Burrow at Burrow Wood Farm is entirely at the users risk, and no liability will be accepted for any injury, death, loss, or damage suffered by you or any member of your party, or your belongings. The farm consists of 10 acres, with animals free range within this land, and with this in mind, we advise all of our guests where they can and cannot go. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to belongings or vehicles. This is your responsibility at all times.
a) You acknowledge that this agreement confers on you the right to occupy the premises for the purposes of a holiday or short-term temporary stay, and is not being used as a permanent dwelling house.
b) You undertake to keep the property and all furniture and fittings and effects in the accommodation in the same state of repair and cleanliness as at the beginning of the letting, allowing for reasonable wear and tear. All damages and breakages are the visitor’s responsibility and payable to the owner.
c) The owner reserves the right of entry to the accommodation at all reasonable times with or without workmen, to inspect or repair the accommodation or its contents.
d) You accept that this letting may not be assigned by you and you undertake that only the agreed number of persons will occupy the property whose details you have disclosed on the booking form.
- We take every care to ensure that your holiday accommodation is satisfactory but in the event of any complaint, please take this up with us immediately. Complaints cannot readily be resolved once you have left the property.
- Any reservation made, either by online booking, via email or by telephone, is subject to our confirmation. Where a conflicting booking is made simultaneously i.e. one online and one via phone, the booking time will denote whom the booking gets offered to.
- Bookings are only confirmed upon receipt of cleared deposit funds of 30% of the total booking fee and a completed and signed booking form. The balance of the holiday rent should be paid at least 6 weeks before the beginning of the holiday, and we will invoice you for this amount 8 weeks prior to your holiday start date. Failure to pay the balance by the agreed date will be treated as a cancellation on your part. We may at times demand a security deposit. You will be informed when this is the case.
- We reserve the right
a) to refuse any reservation or booking which you make and if there is such a refusal, we will return any money which you have paid.
b) To cancel any confirmed booking, if circumstances relating to the property or its accommodation make this necessary. If this occurs we will refund any money which you have paid.
c) To cancel any letting forthwith if:
i) you or any member of your party behave in such a way as to cause damage to the property let to you, or its furniture or contents or
ii) if such behaviour causes a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or any adjoining or neighbouring property. If cancellation is made for either of these reasons no refund will be made of any money you have paid.
4.Visitors should arrange their own travel insurance, to cover the event of cancellation, including but not limited to cover for bad weather preventing travel to The Burrow at Burrow Wood Farm, and also theft/loss of personal possessions.
5.If you have to cancel your booking you must notify us in writing, either by email, or letter sent by registered post only, at the earliest possible time. If you cancel your booking we will make every reasonable effort to re-let the week/s you have booked. If we are able to re-let for the whole of the period of your booking we will refund you the final letting fee (which may be less than you paid, depending on the amount we were able to charge for the re-let) after deducting an administration fee of £50. If it is not possible to re-let the period booked we regret that we will not be able to refund of any money you have paid. If only part of the period is re-let then a refund will in the proportion that the part re-let bears to the total period of your booking. The administration fee will be deducted from your proportionate refund. To ensure that you are covered for instances such as these, we highly recommend that you take out travel insurance, and ensure the policy covers cancellations that are beyond your control.
6. Please note that we operate a strict no smoking policy in The Burrow, its grounds, and the surrounding area. Guests wishing to smoke are asked to do so in the lane leading to the driveway for Burrow Wood Farm, and to dispose of any waste generated sensibly.
7.Fees quoted are on the basis of self catering, and include all linen (including towels), heating and electricity. There are no additional charges for items such as high chairs and travel cots (although these need to be requested on the booking form at the time of booking)
8. The maximum number of guests allowed to stay at The Burrow at any one time is 6. This number includes any children, toddlers or infants. You are free to invite day guests, but not overnight guests. Only members of your party listed on the original booking form are allowed to stay at The Burrow. Any day guests are your full responsibility, and we reserve the right to ask any guests that behave in an unreasonable or inappropriate manner to leave The Burrow and Burrow Wood Farm. We would request that all guests park in the area designated for The Burrow, and not in the main area for Burrow Wood Farm, unless by prior agreement with us.
9. There is space for 2 cars to park in The Burrow designated parking area. The distance from this to The Burrow front door is approximately 10 metres, via some wide steps. Please do not park in the driveway, or in the parking area for Burrow Wood Farm, unless by prior agreement with us.
10.You are responsible for The Burrow during your stay, and as such are expected to take reasonable care of all furniture, fixtures and fittings in and around the property. You must leave The Burrow and its furniture, fixtures and fittings in the same state of repair as when you arrived, and in tidy, clean condition at the end of your stay.
11.We do not charge a damage deposit, but we do rely on your honesty. Please report any breakages or damage that occur during your stay, at the end of your holiday, or during your holiday. We are fair, and do not require payment for 1 broken glass or plate, but please do report these so that we can ensure a full stock quota for our next incoming guests. Please inform us of anything that you discover is damaged upon your arrival, at the earliest opportunity. For any significant damage or loss, you are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair, or extra cleaning costs on demand. This includes the possible loss of keys. Judgement of what is significant is at the owners discretion.