Outside The Burrow
On warm sunny days, why not take a glass wine, and choose a chair on the deep, shady front porch. Here, you can soak up the unhurried atmosphere and while away the time with a good book, perhaps watch nature, or keep an eye on your children playing in the garden or making camps in the field.
Perhaps you will choose to bask yourself on one of the sun loungers on your private sun deck, or have a family BBQ in the dedicated BBQ area. There are two raised platform areas that are just perfect for dining alfresco. There are plenty of outside seating areas, which have been perfectly positioned as to take full advantage of the amazing westward views, and spectacular sunsets we are afforded at Burrow Wood Farm. It is a timeless rural lifestyle, much to be treasured.
- Large private garden adjoins ‘The Burrow’ with views all round, and far reaching westerly viewsand sunsets
- Walking and more walking leads right from the doorstep – maps and guides are provided for your reference
- Set within 10 acres of rolling pasture. A return to the good life -fresh air, fields to play, walk and run in, or to sit quietly and watch theabundance of nature.
- A wonderful selection of farm animals and domestic animals that you can chose how much to be involved with (or not at all – no pressures) We have Llamas, Rare Breed North Ronaldsay Sheep, Kune Kune Pigs, Geese, Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Dogs and Cats too.
- Close to the Georgian main farmhouse, but not intrusive (we are there if you need us!)
- Dedicated BBQ deck, sun deck, and many seating areas to take in the different views
- Good selection of pubs within 10 minute drive – some are walkable for the more adventurous of you!
- Wonderful cycling for miles on end away from main roads.
- Wonderful area for nature lovers – we are right in the middle of an AONB with a superb selection of wildlife.
- Children of all ages very welcome (see travelling with children page)
- The World Heritage Jurassic Coast at the beautiful regency town of Sidmouth is only 5 miles away
- Variety of beaches within 15 minutes driving distance
- Wonderful selection of days out for adults and children alike within the local area
- No dogs allowed, we are afraid, due to our own animals
- Timeless, unhurried, quiet atmosphere